With the kids out of school and home everyday, I like our home to feel more causal and livable. Summer styling should be relaxed, fun and no fuss! Today, I want to share some Summer styling tips that will give your home a calm, welcoming, pulled together look.
The first thing I like to do when I style our home for a new season, is come up with a color scheme. Our furniture is all very neutral. This is done with purpose in mind! Neutral furniture serves as a beautiful backdrop for any color scheme, any time of the year. This Summer, my color inspiration comes from a blue and white coastal picnic. Envision cozy fabrics with prints of checks and stripes, cane basket details and whimsical wild flowers. Creating a picture of a magical scene in your mind will help you pull together a look in your home that is more than just pretty details. Rather, you will have created a feeling of being transported into a beautiful landscape.
Take a look at some of my Summer Styling tips.
Summer Styling Tips
- Choose throw pillows with a large, medium and small print that coordinate with your color scheme. I chose a beautiful blue and white floral pillow as my focal point with a blue and white buffalo check pillow and blue and white stripe pillow. These pillows are playful and fun and feel like a coastal picnic. All of my pillows are 22″ and are filled with a 22″ down insert.
- Use coordinating throws to soften your furniture and add more color pops around your home. A checked throw draped over my arm chair, adds a fun pop of color and playful detail to our family room. Use a striped throw over a stool or sofa for another whimsical detail.
- Create a floral arrangement that adds to your design theme. To keep our family room feeling relaxed, I created a simple white poppy floral arrangement using 12 faux poppies and this blue and white vase. I love how untamed and free it feels.
- Style your space with accessories that tie your color scheme together. Blue and white ginger jars, accessories with cane details and pretty blue and white decor books and a blue and white striped rug pull the whole look together.
- In the kitchen, use dishes and linens to repeat your color scheme and add more personality to your space. I love switching out my glass cabinets with dishes that match my seasonal color scheme. Create a vignette using some of your favorite dishes to display on your island or countertop.
- Style candles that coordinate with your decor. Citrus and floral candles are my favorite to burn in the summertime. I found this gorgeous blue and white candle that matches my ginger jars for my summer vignettes! I chose the orange blossom scent – it is fabulous! Once the candles burns through, I plan to use the pretty vessel as a vase.
- Use hand towels and napkins as decor in your kitchen. Drape hand towels on your range or sink, tie them on basket handles or stack them in vignettes. Towels and napkins add a fun pop of color and pattern!
- Don’t forget to keep it simple! You don’t have to go overboard to style a room! Less is more! In our dining room, I simply added a few faux orchid arrangements to our table and a coordinating throw pillow in my favorite chinoiserie print. So simple, and so chic!
- Use your ginger jars to make a statement! Keep those gorgeous jars out year round! Whether you use them empty or filled with flowers, ginger jars are a fun way to add a wow factor to any room!
5 thoughts on “9 Summer Home Decor Styling Tips + Summer Home Tour”
Love the summer decor ideas! Can you tell me what size the family photos you have in these photos are? Thanks!
Can you please tell me where the candle pillars on the fireplace mantle are from.
Beautiful house! Beautiful everything!
Randi, your home is so beautiful! I was wondering if you could tell me the size of the frames you have your family pictures in over your sofa in the living room. Thanks so much!
Thank you Mary. They are actually a custom size. They are 28′ x 32″ xoxo
Comments are closed.