Welcome to our Deck the Halls Christmas Home Tour! If you are here from Emily’s charming home over at Eleven Gables, I’m so happy to welcome you into my home! I hope you will look around and come back often.
My husband and our 5 children have lived in our Arizona home for almost 10 years. It’s been a journey making it a haven for our family! You can read more about our story here and see a full home tour here.
Today I’m joining some of my favorite designers to take you on a tour of our entryways decorated for Christmas. Each day this week a different room will be showcased. A full tour list is included at the end of this post.
Welcome to our elegant, white and gold entryway! Our home is very neutral, so adding lots of layers and texture is how I like to add interest to our decor.
Sunlight from our intimate courtyard streams into our entryway. It’s not a grand entrance, but the natural light and cozy courtyard draw you in and welcome you inside.
No matter the size of you entryway, you can create a “feel” for the rest of your home the instant your guests walk through the door by adding little decorative touches.
Small details like glittery garland, a luxurious fur rug and pretty packages give guests a hint of what is to come in the rest of the house.
Here are some tips for how you can create an elegant Christmas feel to your entryway…
Simple, Elegant Decor Tips for Christmas
- Tie ribbon and an ornament to sconces and lamps for an elegant, festive touch.
- Drape small garlands over mirrors.
- Make a small grouping of Christmas trees in corners or next to furniture to create beautiful vignettes.
- Hang wreaths on the front and back of your front door.
- Mix metals. I love mixing silver and gold at Christmastime.
- Use gifts as decor. Stack beautiful packages tied with ribbon next to and on top of chairs and tables.
- Nest ornaments and flowers into garland giving it a decorative touch.
Try some of these simple tips to give your home an elegant feel this Christmas. You can see my full Christmas home tours here…
Garlands | Home Goods and Michael’s | Star Ornament | Crystal Heart | Wisteria
Curtains |Paint – Ralph Lauren’s Edwardian Linen mixed by Dunn Edwards
Next visit Jennifer at Dimples and Tangles for more beautiful inspiration on how to deck your entryway for Christmas. Jennifer has the funnest style and is a real life sweetheart!
Here is the tour order for the rest of the day…
TUESDAY – LIVING ROOM
WEDNESDAY – KITCHEN
THURSDAY – DINING ROOM
FRIDAY – BEDROOM