This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Read my disclosure policy here.
Today, I want to show you some simple Spring decor ideas for your family room. You can totally transform the look and feel of your home for Spring with a few simple tweaks.
Last week, I share The Wren’s family room reveal which featured all neutrals. I love styling our home with a neutral base because it provides a beautiful backdrop to add any color to in the future.
When designing any space in your home, I suggest purchasing all of your main furniture pieces in a neutral fabric. Then you can add color and pattern into your home with accessories. This will give your most expensive pieces longevity and versatility.
Here are a few simple ways you can decorate your family room for Spring.
Add a colorful rug to make a huge color statement.
- Rugs are an awesome way to add a lot of color and personality to your space! I love to layer my rugs. Add a smaller one on top of the larger one for a custom look. I’ll be sharing more of my favorite rugs for every budget next week.
- This blue rug (sourced here) is one of my favorite rugs ever! It’s an amazing price for a large size rug too. It is thin, so it is perfect to layer over another rug. If you aren’t layering it, simply use a rug pad under it. Look at the difference simply adding a pop of color will do for your neutral room!
Use throw pillows to introduce more color and pattern to your room.
- Throw pillows with color and pattern will liven up your family room for Spring in a flash! I like to store my extra covers folded in totes. They take up very little space this way! I reuse the inserts over and over. Purchase pillow inserts that are 2 inches larger than your cover for a full look. For a more relaxed look, purchase pillow inserts the same size as your cover. These are the pillow inserts I use. They are the best!
- Most of my throw pillows are from a fabulous small business Arianna Belle. They have the most lovely selection of designer fabrics! A pro tip, to save on your pillows, order one side with the pattern and the reverse with a solid fabric. Here are the pillows I used to add some color for Spring, plus the others I have in our home. Mix patterns and colors and have fun! A good rule of thumb when it comes to throw pillows, is to have one large print, one medium and one small.
- I used the Pyne Hollyhock Indigo (22″ cover with a 24″ insert), Barlow Blush (22″ cover with a 24″ insert) and the Buffalo Check in Sky Blue (22″ cover with 24″ insert) on the sofa. My club chairs feature the Pyne Hollyhock Indigo (22″ cover with 24″ insert) with the blush pink velvet with gold piping (11″ x 19″ cover with 12″ x 20″ insert). Our daybed has the Pyne Hollyhock Indigo (22″ cover with a 24″ insert) and the Buffalo Check in Sky Blue (11″ x 19″ cover with 12″ x 20″ insert).
- You can use my code, RANDISPRING22 to save 15% off your order through April 14th!
Colorful accessories soften the look and add more color and interest.
- Use blue and white ginger jars filled with faux florals to add a pop of color and to add some softness to your family room.
- More ginger jars in a variety of sizes and patterns can liven up your coffee table, side table or fireplace mantels.
- Colorful throws add even more softness and cozy up your space.
- Design books that compliment your color scheme are another easy way to introduce color into your room. Stack them on side tables, stools or on your coffee table.
Use these simple tips to add some color to your family room this Spring! If you are looking for more room sources and details, please visit my family room reveal post here.