Whether you’re making your bed for yourself, your children, family or friends, the key to a luxurious bed is in the details! Summertime is a great time to refresh your beds and add some luxury to them for yourself or for your guests.
Today, I want to show you how you can create the bed of your dreams with some fabulous bedding basics. I’m taking you inside our guest bedroom and sharing each piece I used to create the most luxurious bed for our guests! Now that it’s all made, I am thinking I want to sleep in here!
This post is done in partnership with The Company Store, their products are not only beautiful and durable, they are so affordable!
All products were gifted. This post also contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
How to Create a Luxurious Summer Bed
I like to look at styling a bed in three steps…
- Bedding Basics
- Bedding Essentials
- Accent Bedding Pieces
First, your bedding basics are the foundation of a luxurious bed. These are the pieces you can’t see on your bed but are vital to comfort. Buy quality pieces and you will feel like you are diving into a cloud every night! Here is a list of the basics you need to create a luxurious bed…
- Mattress Cover – Don’t use just any old mattress cover! Use one that has a memory foam topper like the matter cover I used in our guest bedroom. This one has deep corners to accommodate a larger mattress. It can also be tossed in the washer for cleaning.
- Feather Bed – A feather bed is probably the most luxurious piece you can add to your bed. It’s like sleeping on a cloud! Our’s can be machine washed.
- Duvet Insert – Duvets are essential no matter the season! They add softness and loft to any bed! I like to use a light weight duvet because you can use them year round. During the colder months, you can simply add another blanket to the bed for more warmth. This duvet is a fabulous weight and can also be tossed in the washer.
- Down Pillow Inserts – Pillow inserts make or break your pillow! If you use a poly filled insert, your pillow just looks stiff and flat. Invest in a few down or down alternative pillows! They last for years and make the world of difference! I like to use these down alternative pillows on my beds.
- Pillows – A place to rest your head! There is nothing worse than a trying to sleep with a bad pillow! Get yourself a few good pillows like these I used on our guest bed! You will sleep better and so will your guests! The ones I used one our guest bed are hypoallergenic and are a cooling pillow, awesome for warm Summer months!
Bedding essentials are the pieces that you will use over and over to style your bed. These pieces should be neutral so you can style them in countless ways. Below you will find the essentials I used on our Summer guest bed…
- White Embroidered Sheets – The white embroidered detail one these white sheet set is stunning. They come in lots of colors. I love the white because they are so versatile.
- White Quilt – I love using a white quilt! There is something fresh and crisp about them! This one is super soft. The basketweave detail reminds me of Summer!
- Duvet Cover – For Summertime, I like using a more relaxed fabric as a duvet cover. This linen, ruffled cover is the perfect Summer linen.
Accent Bedding Pieces
After you’ve added all the luxurious basics and crisp bedding essentials, have some fun by adding some gorgeous accent pieces. These should have pattern, texture and color! They are the wow of the bed!
- Pillow Covers – Pillows really add personality to any bed. I chose blue and white pillow covers for our guest bed. Blue and white is the quintessential Summer combination. It is timeless! Blue and white is fabulous for lots of reasons. One, you can mix almost any pattern and shade of blue and it will look amazing! I used these absolutely gorgeous embroidered pillow covers to make this guest bed pop! Each of these pillows is embroidered, not printed. The detail on them is exquisite! Here is what I used
- 3 Blue FlowerEmbroidered 26″ Shams (with 26″ insert)
- 2 Blue Leaf Embroidered 20″ Shams (with 20″ insert)
- 1 Blue Geo Embroidered 18″Shams (with 18″ insert)
Grab some of these bedding basics, essentials and accents to create the most luxurious Summer bed at your house! For all the other sources in our bedroom click here.