The best Christmas entertaining ideas are the ones that are cute and SIMPLE! With all of the hustling and bustling, simple entertaining is key to enjoying this special season, instead stressing over it! Today, I am so excited to share some simple Christmas entertain ideas that will make your Christmas entertain more simple and fun!
I’ve partnered with The Home Depot to bring you these simple, yet darling Christmas entertaining ideas. The Home Depot has an amazing selection of beautiful, high quality pieces for your home and holiday entertaining. I love that you can find everything you need in one place! They also have free shipping on orders over $45 and flexible delivery options -free in-store pick up, or 2-day shipping to home!
These ideas are perfect whether you’re entertaining adults or kiddos or both! Notice the fun pops of classic red and green! Having a neutral home allows you to introduce a new color scheme with ease! I had so much fun putting this together! I hope you enjoy it and get some good ideas for your Christmas entertaining!
This post is done in partnership with The Home Depot and contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure police here.
Simple Christmas Entertaining Ideas
Simple Appetizer Ideas
Let’s start with the appetizers! No party is perfect without them! Set up a little area on your kitchen counter or island for people to gather and munch. Use a pretty table runner, like this fun Christmas Plaid runner, to protect your countertop and give your spread a more finished look. So simple!
Gather fun serving trays to serve your apps on. I LOVE this Santa sleigh serving dish! It is so festive! I’m serving chips and salsa in mine, but you could use any chip or dip combo! Use it for fruit and a fruit dip, or my chocolate cheese ball and cookies! Oh the possibilities!
A gold serving platter makes the perfect serving dish for a cheese or charcuterie board. Use some fresh rosemary and some fresh cranberries to add more Christmas cheer!
Finish the look off with some battery operated Christmas lights to add some magic.
Simple Christmas Table Ideas
- Use this battery operated poinsettia garland as a table centerpiece. This will allow you to set your table in advance if you’d like to check something off your list early. I love how festive and fun this red poinsettia garland is against a white tablecloth. The lights make the table feel magical! This is a 9 foot garland so it can run the full length of your table or drape down the ends if you have a shorter table. My table is 108″ long is it fits perfectly down the center.
- Dress up your garland by adding a few ornaments and jingle bells.
- Gold charges and white dishes look amazing when paired with these Christmas plaid plates!
- Take a white cloth napkin ( I love these scalloped napkins) and wrap a nutcracker Christmas ornament around it as a napkin ring! My kids love this!
- For the glasses, I love to have a water glass and a second glass or mug for a fun drink. For our fun drink, I am serving hot cocoa in these darling Christmas mugs. It comes with a set of four different Christmas characters, an elf, reindeer, snowman, and Santa! The water glasses are a fun gold rimmed glass.
- Gold flatware completes the look!
Dessert is the best part of any party! You can set up a little dessert bar on your countertop, island, coffee table, side table or bar cart! Wherever fits your guests and your home best. I like to set mine up on my island so guests can congratulate in the kitchen where there is plenty of room.
I used my plaid table runner again. If you wanted to set up an appetizer area and dessert area at the same time, just grab two runners. This will give your party a nice cohesive look.
To make a simple yet impressive Christmas dessert, visit your local grocery store or bakery. Pick up a plain white cake of your choice. Grab a package of gingerbread cookies to place around the outside edge. Then place it on a white cake stand for a lovely and simple Christmas dessert! Serve a slice on these darling white dessert plates that look like snowflakes. Each set comes with four different plates, each with a different lacy pattern. You can use them anytime of the year!
Hot cocoa bars are a holiday essential! They are very simple to set up too! Serve your hot water in a white dutch oven with a Christmas bow tied on the handle. The dutch oven will keep the water warm for quite awhile if the lid is left on. Use this set of three pretty canisters to hold your cocoa, marshmallows and peppermint candies. When your party is over you can use them in your bathroom as a beautiful storage option.
I hope these simple Christmas entertaining ideas help you throw a fabulous, stress – free party this Christmas! Happy entertaining!