Summer is really my favorite time of the year! I love having the kids home with a less busy schedule. The slower, sun filled days breath new life back into my soul. With the new summer season, I crave cleaner home decor that helps bring that summer relaxing feel into our home. Today I wanted to share a little tour of our family room and kitchen styled for some summer relaxation. You’ll notice calm colors and simplified arrangements that invoke a sense of relaxation and peace.
Summer Family Room
A few minor changes with pillows and accessories, and our family room feels fresh and relaxing for summer! Use these simple tips to get your’s ready for summer relaxation too!
- Give your family room a calm feel by adding a rug with a soothing color scheme – I tucked away our vibrant blue rug, and used our softer toned gray rug as an anchor for the room. These soft colors are so relaxing and set the tone for the room. Our rug was custom made, but here is a similar neutral rug.
- Switch up your pillows – Cozy throw pillows and throw blankets make curling up to a good book, movie or nestling in for a nap so dreamy! I used these gorgeous muted aqua throw pillows that invoke memories of the aqua waters of summer! This pillow combination from Arianna Belle, is my favorite combination ever! The stunning fretwork trim and velvety fabrics are absolute heaven! My pillows are all 22×22 with a 24″ insert. They have the print on one side and a solid velvet or linen on the back. I especially love this combination for the summer, but would be beautiful year round. Imagine how dreamy these would be on a bed as well! I have 2 22″ Greek Key Cut Velvet Muted Aqua Pillows and 2 22″ Cream Linen with Muted Aqua Fretwork Trim Pillows on our sofa. Our club chairs and daybed feature Arianna Belle’s Spotted Muted Aqua pillows in 22″. The day bed also has 214X20″ Solid Cream Linen with Muted Aqua Fretwork Trimmed pillows. Arianna’s Pillows all feature high end, designer fabrics that will last you for years. They unzip making it easy to swap them out.
- Cozy throws are a summertime staple – I love this light weight throw for curling up to a good book, movie or nap! Behind the sofa, I keep a basket filled with cozy throws easy to grab. Below are some of our family’s favorite throws.
- Add summer florals to brighten your room – I love white cherry blossoms and other white whimsical florals to bring some cheer to your family room. Scroll and tap the arrows below to seesome of my favorite summer florals to add to any room.
- Keep accessories to a minimum – Simplified vignettes give your home a peaceful, relaxing feel. Below are some of my favorite accessories to add to your home without overwhelming it.
For lighting and furnishing sources, visit my family room reveal post here.
Our kitchen got sprinkled with summer scents and a few summer arrangements. It doesn’t take a lot to give your kitchen a summer vibe. Here is what I did…
- Create a pretty summertime vignette for your island or countertop. I used my favorite gold tray, white ginger jars and some faux pink peonies to create a summery arrangement on our island.
- Add some candles and room diffusers to give your kitchen a fragrant aroma for summer. This citrus room diffuser smells amazing! I have it on our island. On our stove, I used my favorite white and gold scalloped tray to hold some of the freshest scents for summer. The largest candle is a 5 wick Bergamot Rose. The medium sized ones are Kalahari Watermelon and Bulgarian Rosewater. The small ones are Magnolia Grapefruit and Kalahari Watermelon. They smell amazing on their own and burning all together!!!
- Faux florals can brighten your countertops! I added these simple peony arrangements to each side of our range for a simple summer touch. There are 5 bunches of peonies in each white and gold vase. Here is aless expensive version of my vase.
All other kitchen sources can be found in my kitchen reveal post here.
I hope these tips help you get your home styled and cozy for summer!
3 thoughts on “Relaxing Summer Styling Tour + Tips”
Love love love! You are so talented❤️❤️❤️
Love it all, Randi!! Can you tell me if these are the exact tealight holders you have linked on Wayfair? If so, what are the gold things you have sitting under them? Thx ahead of time!!
Will you please tell what are the five candles and their fragrances on the tray on your stove? Im thinking voluspa. When clicking the links I do not think the fragrances are correct.You have a lovely home.
Comments are closed.